"To ensure that all persons in the County have affordable accommodation
suitable to their social and personal needs"
The Council, in seeking to achieve this objective, and in line with the policies
set down in the Policy Document
"Delivering Homes - Sustaining Communities"
published by by the
Department of the Environment in 2007, continues to provide a wide range
of housing services throughout the County.
- To promote and utilise the options provided for in National
- To implement our Social Housing Investment Programme.
- To implement the provisions of the Housing Strategy adopted
by the Council under Part V of the Planning and Development Act 2000
- To prepare and implement a programme for
advance land acquisition in
accordance with National Housing Policy.
- To ensure that our housing
policy encourages and supports Rural Sustainability, having regard to
the provisions in the County Development Plan as adopted by the Council.
implement the 5 year plan for Traveller Accommodation 2009
- To implement the provisions
of the Homeless Strategy and Action Plan.
- To promote, assist and
develop the Voluntary Housing Sector in the County.
- To prioritise Social
Inclusion by promoting resident participation in the management of
social housing schemes.
- To promote compliance with Private Sector
Accommodation Legislation/Regulations in partnership with the Private
Rented Tenancies Board.
- To upgrade our Housing Stock subject to the
availability of funding both nationally and locally.
Top of Page